Ithaca is a creative sound & light art studio with offices/warehouses in Portslade, Brighton UK and Chicago USA. We’re a small, dedicated team with a reputation for creating incredible, unique audio-visual experiences around the world. Our works span light trails, festivals, art exhibitions, corporate projects, live music, advertising and everything in-between… all fused by our aim to push sound, light and creativity into new areas.
Who we’re looking to recruit
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our warehouse & workshop team in Portslade, Brighton.
The Warehouse Technician will primarily work in our workshop, testing and repairing equipment but also undertake a number of other warehouse related tasks, as assigned by the Warehouse Co-Ordinator.
You must be keen to work in a hands-on environment, in a warehouse & workshop setting, undertaking varied tasks. Our work is often out of the ordinary and, as such, tasks can change. Therefore, adaptability and a team mindset are very important. As the role will primarily be tasked with the testing and maintenance of our equipment you should be equally happy working alone or on combined tasks with the rest of the Warehouse Team. Whilst our equipment is often bespoke, it is vital that you have good basic knowledge of electronics and electrical systems as well as an interest in (and an understanding of) general technical elements of LED lighting products and audio systems.
- Testing, repairing and maintaining our stock of equipment.
- Maintaining Workshop and managing stock of components.
- Support the Warehouse & Office Co-ordinator with all tasks required to keep our inventory of equipment in good working order, organised and accessible.
- Assist with the preparation & packing of equipment for projects.
- Check back in equipment from projects, clean and restock.
- Load / Unload Vehicles
- Check in purchase arrivals.
- Some travel to support works on-site may be required.
- Additional responsibilities and support of other roles as assigned by the Operations Manager from time to time.
- The Warehouse Technician will report to the Warehouse & Office Co-ordinator.
Essential Experience/Skills Required
- A hands-on and practical approach to technical work.
- Experience with workshop related tasks e.g. soldering, electronics, woodworking or metalworking.
- A strong IT literacy with good understanding of Windows based systems and software.
- Manual handling (lifting to 16kg loads)
- Excellent time management skills and a drive to undertake tasks to the best of your ability.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to work in the UK.
- Events Experience.
- Technical experience of events equipment i.e. power systems, lighting, sound etc.
- Inventory Software Experience.
- Any warehouse equipment qualifications.
- First Aid Training (training will be available).
- Full driving license with own vehicle.
- Valid Passport.
Details & benefits
- £22,000 per annum
- 35-hour week, with semi-flexible working hours working from our Portslade, Brighton warehouse/office
- Due to the type of work evening and weekend work may be required on occasions for which TOIL is available
- Profit Share Scheme – We realise dedicating yourself long-term to a company is a big deal. Following 3 years’ service staff are eligible for the company profit share scheme, receiving a share of company annual profits.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays + additional days off at Christmas (total, average 37 days)
- Company Laptop
- Company mobile phone or renumeration for use of own mobile phone
- Company matched pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Casual dress
- Sick pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company EAP (Employee Assistance Program) designed to support personal well-being and mental health. This includes confidential expert advice, counselling services and extends to your immediate family to help support those difficult times in life.
Workplace & Diversity
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the 29th Feb 2024