Ithaca is a creative sound & light art studio with offices/warehouses in Portslade, Brighton UK and Chicago USA. We’re a small, dedicated team with a reputation for creating incredible, unique audio-visual experiences around the world. Our works span light trails, festivals, art exhibitions, corporate projects, live music, advertising and everything in-between… all fused by our aim to push sound, light and creativity into new areas.
Who we’re looking to recruit
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a background/education in lighting design or video/stage/production design to join our Project Design Team. Depending on experience this roll/salary would either be as a Project Designer or Junior Project Designer
Our Project Designers are responsible for all aspects of planning and delivering individual projects, working to a brief. This role consists of a mixture of pre-production CAD design, project planning, content design and onsite delivery. The Project Designer / Junior Project Designer (job title and salary DOE) will work closely with senior team members building up skills and experience to the point of planning and delivering projects.
Our work is often out of the ordinary and requires a teamwork driven, detail-oriented approach. Creativity is paramount but equally important are your abilities to work as part of a team, be extremely organised and hit deadlines. You will be equally happy planning projects in the office, assisting in the warehouse or setting up & programming lights in a muddy field.
- Planning the technical and creative aspects of individual projects within timescales and budgets. This will be assisted through an initial training stage.
- Developing the technical and creative of a project within those parameters from start to finish, reporting to the Operations Manager on all technical and production elements and the Managing Director on project creative.
- Programming and delivering installations on-site
- Hitting all key milestones assigned by Operations Manager
- Reporting to the Operations Manager on a daily basis to provide project updates and keeping project management system up to date.
- Working with Business Development Manager on project pitches and proposals.
- Additional responsibilities and support of other roles as assigned by Managing Director from time to time
Essential Experience/Skills Required
- CAD Design – Preferably Vectorworks Spotlight
- Pixel Mapping experience
- Experience with either stage/production lighting design, stage/production video design (or equivalent through either industry experience or undergraduate level education
- Excellent time management skills and drive to undertake tasks to the best of your ability
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in the UK
- Valid Passport
- Adobe Suite – Specifically Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Experience planning and delivering arts-based events projects
- Creative Coding
- Audio / Music Design
- Outdoor events experience
- Full clean driving license
- First Aid Training (if not training will be available)
Details & benefits
- £25,000-30,000 per annum DOE
- 35-hour week, with semi-flexible working hours working from our Portslade, Brighton warehouse/office
- Due to the type of work evening and weekend work may be required on occasions for which TOIL is available
- Profit Share Scheme – We realise dedicating yourself long-term to a company is a big deal.. Following 3 years’ service staff are eligible for the company profit share scheme, receiving a share of company annual profits.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays + additional days off at Christmas (total, average 37 days)
- Company Laptop
- Company mobile phone or renumeration for use of own mobile phone
- Company matched pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Casual dress
- Sick pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company EAP (Employee Assistance Program) designed to support personal well-being and mental health. This includes confidential expert advice, counselling services and extends to your immediate family to help support those difficult times in life.
Workplace & Diversity
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 29th Feb 2024