Ithaca is a creative sound & light art studio with offices/warehouses in Portslade, Brighton UK and Chicago USA. We’re a small, dedicated team with a reputation for creating incredible, unique audio-visual experiences around the world. Our works span light trails, festivals, art exhibitions, corporate projects, live music, advertising and everything in-between… all fused by our aim to push sound, light and creativity into new areas.
Who we’re looking to recruit
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team in our warehouse & workshop in Portslade, Brighton.
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for keeping the warehouse safe, well organised, clean and tidy. You will report to the Warehouse Co-ordinator and assist with the day-to-day warehouse activities such as checking in / out equipment, equipment repairs etc.
You must be keen to work in a hands-on environment in a warehouse & workshop setting, undertaking varied tasks. Our work is often out of the ordinary so you may need to support our Project Design Team with the creation of new artwork one day, or clean, restock and inventory equipment the next day. You may not have worked in the arts and events industries before but be excited by the idea of working in a hands-on capacity as part of a team to support the creation of great projects.
- Keeping a clean and tidy warehouse space
- Support the Warehouse & Office Co-ordinator with all task required to keep our inventory of equipment in good working order, organised and accessible
- Assist with the preparation & packing of equipment for projects
- Check back in equipment from projects, clean and restock.
- Load / Unload Vehicles
- Check in purchase arrivals
- Additionally support office related tasks to ensure the office space is functional
- Assist Project Designers on development of new artworks or R&D projects
- Some travel to support works on-site may be required
- Additional responsibilities and support of other roles as assigned by Managing Director from time to time
- The Warehouse Assistant will report to the Warehouse & Office Co-ordinator
Essential Experience/Skills Required
- A hands on and practical approach to work
- Manual handling (lifting up to 16kg loads)
- Excellent time management skills and drive to undertake tasks to the best of your ability
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in the UK
- Warehouse or workshop experience
- Electronics / Woodworking / Metalwork Experience
- First Aid Training (training will be available)
- Full driving license with own vehicle
Details & benefits
- £18,000 (pro-rata per annum, paid monthly)
- 2 fixed days per week (negotiable which days)
- Due to the type of work evening and weekend work may be required on occasions for which TOIL is available
- Profit Share Scheme – We realise dedicating yourself long-term to a company is a big deal.. Following 3 years’ service all staff are eligible for the company profit share scheme, receiving a share of company annual profits.
- 20 days holiday (pro-rata) + Bank Holidays + additional days off at Christmas (varies each year but often an additional 8-10 working days)
- Company matched pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company EAP (Employee Assistance Program) designed to support personal well-being and mental health. This includes confidential expert advice, counselling services and extends to your immediate family to help support those difficult times in life.
Workplace & Diversity
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com