Ithaca is a creative sound & light art studio with offices/warehouses in Portslade, Brighton UK and Chicago USA. We’re a small, dedicated team with a reputation for creating incredible, unique audio-visual experiences around the world. Our works span light trails, festivals, art exhibitions, corporate projects, live music, advertising and everything in-between… all fused by our aim to push sound, light and creativity into new areas.
Who we’re looking to recruit
We are looking to recruit a finance manager with a passion for detail orientated processes and analytics. You will come from a background of small business finance / bookkeeping and be looking for a wide-ranging flexible, part time role with a combination of financial processing and analysis.
The Finance Manager will be an integral part of the company, with responsibility for the company financial activity including book-keeping, accounts receivable/payable, cashflow forecasting and financial reporting to the Managing Director. As a small business the role will be split between weekly bookkeeping & accounts/administration requirements and analysis & reporting.
You must have a detail orientated approach with excellent organisation skills and a passion for insight and analysis behind the numbers. You’ll be comfortable working with multiple teams and implementing new processes when required.
- Bookkeeping for Ithaca Audio Ltd
- Bookkeeping for Ithaca Studios Inc
- Liaising with UK and USA accountants for all UK and USA accountancy and HMRC / IRS tax compliance tasks.
- Managing all UK and USA cashflow to provide consistent company liquidity and growth
- Accounts receivable / accounts payable
- Monthly payroll
- VAT returns
- Implementation and management of expenses and purchase system
- Working with Operations Manager to provide weekly financial projects reports to the Managing Director
- Working with the Development Manager to provide the Managing Director with a monthly, company level cash-flow / business projection models, with risk scenarios using our financial modelling software. Providing Managing Director with monthly department budget reports, management accounts including balance sheet, fixed and current assets etc.
Essential Experience Required
- Previous experience as a finance manager, bookkeeper, accountant or similar role
- A proficiency with small business financial requirements including payroll, bookkeeping, accounts reconciliation etc.
- An understanding of cashflow forecasting and the importance of cashflow management
- Strong knowledge around common business financials statements e.g. P&L, Balance Sheets etc.
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficiency with FreeAgent
- Experience with cashflow modelling software and related strategies
- Experience with US accounting requirements
Details & benefits
- £25,000 per year (pro-rata per annum, paid monthly)
- 3 days per week working from our offices in Portslade, Brighton (with potential for some WFH)
- Profit Share Scheme – We realise dedicating yourself long-term to a company is a big deal. Following 3 years’ service all staff are eligible for the company profit share scheme, receiving a share of company annual profits.
- 20 days holiday (Pro Rata) + Bank Holidays + additional days off at Christmas
- Company Laptop
- Company mobile phone or remuneration for use of own mobile phone
- Company matched pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company EAP (Employee Assistance Program) designed to support personal well-being and mental health. This includes confidential expert advice, counselling services and extends to your immediate family to help support those difficult times in life.
Workplace & Diversity
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org